Thursday, August 9, 2007

In showbiz, every city is your favorite


Now first I have to say that i have the utmost respect for DJ Z-Trip. I've spent a bit of time chatting with him and i absolutely love his live sets. One of the best party DJs anywhere. incredibly meticulous, enviable work ethic and ability to mix almost anything (from dolly parton to pantera).
But live hip hop shows are a funny thing. I love how every town is "the best show of the tour". or how a the DJ has this special mix that "no one has ever heard before" but he's going to drop it on us cause we're "live as fuck". Yea, I'm taking some liberties with the paraphrasing here.
Perhaps I've just gotten bitter with age. Or I've seen these shows way too many times. The show was better than average. I had fun. danced a bit. maybe l need to loosen up. The visuals were fun, the mix was fantastic. Ok, I'll shut up now.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home